by Swartz Creek High School Football, 2013-08-12T14:00:49-07:00August 12 2013, at 02:00 PM PDT
VARSITY RED AND WHITE SCRIMMAGE
(AND more varsity team information. Please read the entire note)
All players and parents are encouraged to come out and cheer on the varsity team as they square off against each other during the inter-squad scrimmage on Saturday, August 17th on the High School Field (weather permitting – see below***).
VARSITY SCRIMMAGE IS FROM 10:00AM – TO APPROXIMATELY Y 11:30
· Offense vs. Defense
· Special Teams work (kick offs – Punts – Field Goals….)
AFTER THE SCRIMMAGE
· There will be a varsity parent meeting after the scrimmage, where Coach Brown will have the opportunity to talk to us about the upcoming football season.
· Coach Brown would like the varsity players and their family members only, to remain for a “tailgate” at the concession stand.
· Hot dogs will be provided for the players and their family’s only. We ask that friends of the players and their family please not remain for the “tailgate”, this is for players and family only.
· This is a great chance to get to know the other parents, the coaches and players
VARSITY TAILGATE DETAILS
· You will be contacted by a varsity parent representative and asked to bring a dish to pass.
· We will need to know the number of family members (only) that will be attending
· Bring a lawn chair for each of your family members and the player
· Bring your own drinks, none will be provided. I will ask the boosters if they would be willing to sell the water we have, and pop if it’s in stock at that time. However, we would be paying concession stand prices for those items.
IF THERE IS A WEATHER ISSUE – there may be a “practice only” at the middle school field and the “Tailgate and meeting” will be moved to a place to be determined. We can’t use the cafeteria at the high school, because the floor is being retiled and then waxed. So rain or shine there will be a hotdog fest with the coaches, varsity players and their parents, we just don’t know where yet.
ON A SIDE NOTE: Team dinners: for those players new to the varsity team, every Thursday there is a team dinner for the players that is catered by JT’s restaurant. Each player will need to pay a total of $50 for the cost of those 9 meals. If you could possibly bring a check to the red and white game made out to SC Football, it would be appreciated. If we don’t touch base with you at the scrimmage we ask that you have your son give the check or cash to Nick Chargo, who is one of the football captains; or we will try to contact you by phone, or at one of the games. Thank you in advance!If you ordered your son’s jerseys online, the parents are going to be responsible for the cost of the names being put on the back of each jersey. We are working out what the total cost of the names would be for both shirts to be printed. The total cost is going to be $4.
Dan Pero, Jeff Chargo, Gary Bailey, Dave Weller, Joni Medemar